Multi-factor authentication (MFA) is an extra layer of protection in the authentication part of the login process. In the MFA process on NHL Breakaway, a text message (SMS) containing a unique code is sent to your mobile phone. This happens after you enter your email and password, and you must enter the code you received before you can continue on to your account.
The purpose of MFA is to create an additional layer of verification that you are logging into your account--and not someone that may have breached your personal information security. You get an added level of security because you are authenticating your ability to login through something you know (your password) and through something you have (in this case, your mobile device).
Enabling multi-factor authentication is simple on NHL Breakaway. Simply follow these quick steps.
Setup Multi-Factor Authentication
1. Visit NHLBreakaway.com and head to your Account Settings by selecting the option from the menu in the upper right corner.
2. Scroll down and click on Sweet Account Settings.
3. Choose the Security option.
4. Click on SMS Verification.
5. You will be sent a confirmation code via SMS text message to the mobile phone associated with your account. When you receive it, enter the number in the pop up window and press Continue.
You are all set. Your login process will now include this extra step to verify your identity.